While Addicus is awaiting approval in the app store, here is the official trailer for you to chew on. And how about a little info on the game itself:
Addicus is a number based puzzle game with an emphasis on fast-paced action and gorgeous graphics. It’s one of those games that is easy to learn but impossible to master which translates into nothing short of addictive.
The goal of the game is to add up to target numbers by tapping on jiggly numbered mushrooms. Sound simple? Try doing that in a race against the clock. And then try doing it in a challenge against your friends on Facebook.
Here are some of the other features:
- Multipliers and chain bonuses
- Dozens of additional uber-secret bonuses
- Overdrive mode for crazy hi-scores
- Openfeint-enabled, part of the largest iPhone game community
- Online worldwide leaderboards
- Compete against your friends on Facebook and Twitter
We are really excited to unleash our first game into the world. Stay tuned to find out when it is available!
It has been a few weeks since our last video update and the game has progressed in leaps and bounds since then. It now features, among other things:
- new intro video
- new sound effects
- multiple levels
- decorative sprites throughout levels
- scrolling levels
- multiple icon pairs per level
- treasure, bling and jewels
Also be sure to check out our first foray into screencasting with the hilarious PhoneFinger app.
We added a whole bunch of new features to the game since last week, including:
- Exploding bomb mushrooms (with hilarious chain reactions)
- Force fields
- Matching icons to win the level
- Poison mushrooms
- Mushroom respawning
- Golden mushrooms
- Race against the clock
- Fun effects for popping/exploding
Also be sure to listen for some familiar sounds.
We got a lot done this week. From web-based asset loading into cocos2d to bitmap-based object placement. Not to mention a snazzy app icon, splash screen, title screen and jiggly animating mushrooms.
Here’s a quick look at the current state of our iPhone game in action. We just got animated sprites working (thanks to cocos2d) so still images are no longer going to be enough to illustrate its sheer awesomeness.
This video was taken with another iPhone, of course.