He’s Hare Raising!
Look who just popped out of the pumpkin patch! “Riddle” me this – who’s costume is this? Jack O’ Rabbit is the second of 6 Limited-Edition characters, and he’s available in the Mega Jump store right now! Grab him before he goes back to the garden!
This is a minor, but very important update for a lot of our users! There’s nothing too exciting here for some of our existing users, but just wait for Update 5 (we’re working on it now and it’s a doozy).
- We’ve worked out a fix for the random crash issues some users were having on the Samsung Galaxy SII!
- We’ve added support for qHD screens! No more black bars!
Minor, but Awesome Changes!
- Pressing your phone’s back button will let you navigate the menus and pause the game! Just like you’d expect it to!
- We’ve updated and removed some of the permissions we are asking for!
- Even more bug fixes and optimizations! We want to see Mega Jump running like a dream on every phone we support!
As always, if you love Mega Jump and this Update, please let us know in the comments and by leaving us a five-star rating in the Android Market.
Until next time: Keep on Jumping!
Follow us on Twitter:
The Mega Jump monsters are putting on their best spooky costumes to celebrate Halloween! Redford and a few of his friends have been hard at work making scary outfits for the spooky season and we think they’ve done a pretty good job
Get Them Before They’re Gone!
Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be releasing 6 Limited Edition Halloween costume characters. The first frightful figure is Frankenford – Redford’s Halloween costume – and he’s available on the store right now!
Any Halloween character you unlock is yours to keep forever, but the Halloween characters will only be available in the store for a limited time, so get them while you can!
Rock Out with the Latest Kiip Competition!
The newest Kiip competition is on! Get a Top 100 High Score before the competition ends to win a pair of awesome headphones from Sol Republic!
Wow! Tell Me More!
- Play Mega Jump on iOS between Oct. 18th and Oct 19th for a chance to win!
- Two different types of headphones to win! Tracks (on-ear) or Amps (in-ear)
- Get a top 100 place score to win!
- US players only this time
Head over here to check out the leader board and see how you place! Remember, you just need to get into the top 100 to win!
Good Luck and Happy Jumping!
Congratulations to Philipp Schneckenburger from Switzerland who scored a massive 6,133,889 points to claim the the first ever Guinness World Record for a high score in Mega Jump! Get Set Games partnered with Kiip and Guinness to host the World Record competition, which was held from September 28th to October 3rd, 2011. You can read more about Phillip’s record-breaking attempt, and the competition, on WIRED, Techcrunch and Mashable!
Jumping to the Top
The competition was fierce, with hundreds of thousands of Mega Jump players vying for the top spot. To even break into the top 50, players would need to score over 2 million points. Phillip managed to stay head and shoulders above the rest with his astonishing score, and for that Get Set Games salutes you, sir! You have entered Mega Jump and Guinness history!
The Top Ten Players
Special congratulations to everyone that managed to make it into the Top 10. Here they are:
- phildaagony-switzerland (aka Philipp Schneckenburger) 6,133,889
- Missile1337 5,328,110
- Werner Ignacio Gonzalez Holtheuer 5,229,149
- Daniel 3,709,888
- jordan driediger 3,679,145
- briggycl 3,672,833
- Brian Aldoney 3,595,193
- Sergio Aguilar 3,471,501
- zia ahmad 3,426,451
- @damtzx 3,333,361
Thanks again to everyone that took part – you are all Elite Mega Jumpers!
So, think you’re the best at Mega Jump? Well now you have a chance to prove it and get your name in the Guinness Book of World Records! From Sept 28 to Oct 3 iOS players will have a chance to compete for the highest score in Mega Jump. The player with the highest score will forever be recognized in the Guinness World Records 2012 Gamer’s Edition!
Wow! Tell Me More
- Play Mega Jump on iOS between Sept 28 and Oct 3 for a chance to win!
- Save Stars are allowed, and encouraged!
- iOS users only this time, sorry!
- Highest score at the end of the competition wins!
Head over here to check how you place on the leader boards!
Happy Jumping and Good Luck!
Slartie is the newest character to join Mega Jump! He’s the hero of Monster Island, the latest and greatest iOS game from our friends at Miniclip. To celebrate the game launch, Slartie will be free to all iOS players for a limited time!
Go grab Slartie while you can and be sure to check out Monster Island!
At long last, Update 15 is finally here, and it’s the biggest update to Mega Jump that Get Set Games has ever released! Update 15 features a brand new world called Magica, which adds 20 new stages, doubling the number of stages in the game!
A Whole New World
Magica is a mysterious and beautiful world filled with spooky canyons, floating cities and ancient space ruins. Magica features brand new artwork and a ton of new coin and block patterns – it’s like a whole new game! Here’s what fans are saying about Update 15 so far:
“Awesome new update!!!”
“Mega jump is the single greatest app on the app store!”
“Don’t bother looking up fun. This game defines it.”
– Dr. Dr.
But Wait, There’s More!
Update 15 also has a ton of tweaks and improvements, including Rolf the Wolf, the new Mega friend chosen by you in our Facebook poll! Click the image below to see what we’ve jammed into Update 15!
Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our awesome Mega Jump fans – our updates are based on your feedback and support. Mega Jump keeps evolving with your help and, as always, there’s more amazing stuff just around the corner. In the meantime, enjoy Magica and keep jumping!
A Rolf On the Prowl
Say hi to our latest Mega Friend! Rolf is now available in the Mega Jump Store on iOS – just tap the Store button and head to the Player selection screen to see Rolf as one of the new character options!
Leader of the Pack
Rolf was chosen by Mega Jump players when we ran a Facebook poll last month. Rolf was a winner by a huge margin – thanks to everyone that voted! You’ll get to vote on new characters soon, so if you haven’t already, Like Mega Jump on Facebook to have your say!
Introducing: the Android Robot!
- To say thanks to all of our awesome Android players out there who helped us reach One Million downloads, we are adding an Android exclusive FREE character!
- Here to join in this jumping journey is the Android Robot! Unique and FREE – just for Android players.
- Heyzap provides players with a way to check-in to Mega Jump, discover new games and join a massive community of mobile gamers.
- Heyzap allows players to let other gamers know that they are playing Mega Jump, leave or browse tips, and earn badges.
- Check into Heyzap to share your score with your friends, Facebook and Twitter!
ZONG Mobile Payments!
- ZONG is a great in-app mobile payment system, all you need to buy MP is your mobile number!
- It’s now WAY easier to buy MP from any country!
- If you’d like to see how it works, check it out here.
Major Under-the-hood Upgrades
- OpenFeint bug fixes!
- Fewer crashes & bugs!
- Faster loading!
- Better device compatibility & Much More!
If you love Mega Jump and this Update, please let us know in the comments and by leaving us a five-star rating in the Android Market.
Until next time: Keep on Jumping!
Follow us on Twitter: