Mega Jump has now been downloaded by over 6 million players worldwide, just days after the release of Update 8! Get Set Games is exceptionally happy that so many people are enjoying the adventures of Redford and his pals. More big updates are on the way and players can expect a whole bunch of great new stuff in the coming weeks! Spread the word about Mega Jump and keep on jumping!
Mega Jump’s eighth update was just approved by Apple and it is now available for download on the App Store. Full text of the update log below:
Hey Mega Jumpers! Thanks again for making Mega Jump one of the most popular iPhone/iPod Touch games on Earth! Your support and feedback has meant the world to us. Now get ready for another huge update! Here’s what is new in Mega Jump Update 8:
Powerups Cost Less Mega Points!
- All powerups in the Extras now cost fewer Mega Points to unlock!
Powerups Can Be Upgraded!
- You can now upgrade each powerup in the Extras – from Turbo to Super to Mega!
- The Power Shield can be upgraded to not only protect you, but also go on the offensive! Upgrading the Power Shield makes it fire thunderbolts at enemies and obstacles in the game and also adds a score multiplier!
- The Lucky Blast can be upgraded to increase its reach! If you upgrade it enough, the blast will follow you, paving your way with x5 coins and red stars!
- The Anti Gravity Boots are all about speed! The more you upgrade them, the faster you run up the walls. As you upgrade the boots, they will begin to repel and destroy enemies and obstacles!
- The Magnet is all about coin collecting! The more you upgrade it, the more coins you will be able to collect! If you thought the Super Magnet was powerful, wait until you see the Mega Magnet!
- Marty – Help this cheeky monkey bounce his way into orbit and he’ll be grinning all the way to the stars!
- Biff – He’s a fuzzy tail-slapper chewing up the scenery on the way to the great beaver dam in the sky!
- 5 new wallpapers can be unlocked in the Extras menu!
- Added more bounce blocks and improved other challenges!
- Added confirmation dialog for unlocking Extras – no more accidental unlocking!
- When you have the Balloon powerup, you are now invulnerable to spike blocks!
- Added a gorgeous retina icon!
- Updated to the newest version of OpenFeint!
- Sound effects are now better than ever!
- Fixed “Made it to Level…” achievements!
- Fixed crash when buying MP!
Thank you for being one of the millions of people playing Mega Jump! Mega Jump has the best players in the world and we want to thank you for making Mega Jump such a massive hit!
If you like Mega Jump and want to see more of these awesome updates, please rate it 5 stars in iTunes after every update!
Until next time: keep on jumping!
Join us on the Mega Jump Facebook page:
Follow us on Twitter:
We are happy to announce that Mega Jump Update 8 has been submitted to Apple for approval and it’s full of totally awesome new goodies!
We’ve added 11 brand new upgradeable Powerups to Mega Jump, reduced the MP cost of Powerup items, added in a whole new set of challenges, and introduced the newest members of the Mega Jump family, Biff beaver and Marty monkey! Stay tuned, the update should be available in the next few days!
All that song recording and being famous can be exhausting, so it’s understandable that Yuki Kashiwagi (Yuki Rin) might want to unwind with a game of Mega Jump Yuki’s star-power was enough to launch Mega Jump to the #1 spots for Arcade and Action games in Japan, and #5 Overall! Thanks Yuki, and to all Yuki Rin’s fans! You rock!
Mega Jump has just reached another terrific milestone: it has now been downloaded by over 5 million people. Thanks so much to everyone for playing and spreading the word. Your continuous flow of feedback and praise on iTunes, Facebook and Twitter has fueled 7 significant updates and there are lots more on the horizon (hint: look for some new faces in the above graphic!). In the meantime keep the great feedback coming and be sure to tell your friends about Mega Jump!
Since we released Mega Jump on the iPhone and iPod Touch, we have heard from lots of fans that they would like to get it on their Android phone. Today we are happy to announce that this will soon be a reality: Mega Jump will soon be available for Android devices.
This week our friends at OpenFeint launched Android support for their social gaming network. Mega Jump is going to be one of the first games on Android to support OpenFeint integration.
As Gizmodo reports, we are planning to release Mega Jump for Android within the next month. Check back here for more details soon!
Mega Jump has now been downloaded by more than four million players worldwide! More updates are on the way, with the latest free update – Update 8 – due to be released later this month! Look out for more great new characters, powerups and fun features in the near future! Thanks again to all the Mega Jump players around the world! Keep jumping!
After Mega Jump Update 6 came out, we noticed a lot of feedback from players saying that the game would show a white screen when they first ran the game it displayed a white screen and wouldn’t let them play.
We’ve been working with our friends at OpenFeint on this issue and we have good news: it’s fixed! And you don’t even have to update the app to get the fix!
All you need to do is make sure the Mega Jump app is fully shut down and then restart it. You can do this by double-tapping your home button on your device. Then press and hold on the Mega Jump icon. When a red minus appears on the icon, click it.
That’s it! The next time you run Mega Jump you will be immersed in a world of awesomeness.
We’re extremely happy to announce that Mega Jump now has over two million players across the world and counting! Mega Jump continues to grow with six major updates since it’s release in May 2010. The updates have all featured tons of new content and characters and our players can expect many more awesome updates to come.
Thanks once again to all our players and supporters!
In collaboration with OpenFeint’s Free Game of the Day and FreeAppReport.com, we’re offering Mega Jump to you absolutely free! We’re thrilled to have Mega Jump be part of OpenFeint’s “Best of Free Game of the Day Week”. For today only, you can get the most epic jumping game on the iPhone that is enjoyed by millions of people without paying anything! Download it now and have a Mega Weekend!