Get Set Games is looking for a developer to join our team. Get Set Games is one of the leading independent game studios working on mobile devices. With over 50 million downloads to date, Get Set Games’ titles have done phenomenally well and created a well-loved and enduring original IP in the form of the lovable monster Redford and his forest-dwelling friends.
We are located in downtown Toronto, Canada. Interested applicants should be willing to move to the area.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for working on all core games, tools and infrastructure. This will include but is not limited to…
- Gameplay design/implementation on iOS devices for our current and future projects
- Bug fixing, maintenance and optimization on iOS devices
- New technology/tool research and evaluation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with game development and Cocos 2D for the iOS platform
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Objective-C, C, C++, Cocoa and UIKit
- Ability to independently design, write and maintain high quality code
- Passion and curiosity for games, mobile applications, social media and how they all work together
- Have used Git or other version control system of some sort (CVS, SVN, Perforce, etc.)
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of OpenGL ES and/or working with shaders
- Currently and/or previously worked in a small company environment
- Porting experience from one platform to another (i.e. iOS to Android)
- Have developed an application/game on the Android platform
- Understanding of current mobile device networking, memory management, security, peripherals and performance capabilities.
- Experience with SQL and relational database (MySQL, SQL Sever, etc.)
- Prior experience in the Games/Entertainment industry
- UI design
Please send a resume and include details of recent projects to email@example.com. Do not call. No recruiters please.