Here are some of the stories we paid attention to this week:
- Unless you were living under a PC rock, you would have heard that Snow Leopard was released this week. Despite most of its features being under-the-hood tweaking and performance improvements it still generated as much buzz and excitement as a troupe of Snow-Dancing-Monkeys.
- Facebook’s long-awaited version 3.0 of their iPhone app was released after spending 10 days getting approved by Apple. In the meantime, the app’s developer had some advice for Apple on how to improve the App Store.
- The iPhone’s first app to feature augmented reality was released.
- cocos2d for iPhone, the engine that we’re using for our game, released a new version that supports TMX tile maps, render textures, has a particle editor and a snazzy new logo.
- We learned about using the NSNotification class in Cocoa development as a way to broadcast messages to all interested objects in your app.
Join our FriendFeed group to discuss this and other breaking news.